Go Global Lille
Make the best of your expansion to France, without leaving your home office!
France is the second largest market of continental Europe. Moreover, France is a startup friendly country: hardly any government gives more financial and non-financial support to startups. Therefore our virtual Go Global Lille mission is a not to miss opportunity.
As a gateway to the French market, Lille has several strengths:
- Home to leading corporates and investors, interested in the nearby Belgian startup community
- Presence of many headquarters of important brands and distributors makes it the European capital for retail, mail order business and e-commerce
- Well-developed facilities to support startups
- Less expensive than Paris
As close as the north of France may be, the business culture is different. And Go Global is happy to help you to discover the do’s and don’ts on the French market.
Why should you participate?
- Get to know the key players in the Northern French startup ecosystem
- Find the best mentors and partners to accelerate your entry on the French market
- Take advantage of concrete business development opportunities with VCs and corporates (pitching and one-on-one meetings)
... all from the comfort of your (home) office!
Who should participate?
No matter whether you are novice or wish to consolidate your position on the French market.
Our local stakeholders are interested in a broad range of segments of the Belgian startup community:
- Early stage startups and more mature scale-ups
- Many disruptive technology solutions, more particularly in the themes of health, environment, energy, manufacturing, retail and related supply chains, agritech, food distribution, SAAS, …
Tuesday, January 26 (Open & free for all registrants)
09:30 - 11:30: squeeze time in mastering the French market
An interactive session on best practices and opportunities in France.
- 09:30 Welcoming and introduction to the business culture by FIT & Startups.be | Scale-Ups.eu
- 09:40 Learn from Odoo, how they conquered the French market
- 10:10 Find out what Euratechnologies is all about
- 10:35 Discover how Le Village by CA can accelerate your access to the market
- 11:00 Infrastructure and financial support to startups by OVHcloud
- 11:25 Closing
Wednesday, January 27 (Subject to application)
09:00 - 12:45: pitch your startup to one of the leading north French investors (Creadev, Turenne & XAnge)
Tuesday, January 26
- The virtual Go Global Lille mission will take place via Zoom. Next week, Tuesday you can attend the interactive session via the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82466762561
- Don't hesitate preparing some questions beforehand, we foresee time for Q&A after every speaker.
- Want to get in touch with any of the other registered attendees to further discuss? We'll provide a list with contact details after the event.
Wednesday, January 27
Startups who are selected to pitch on the second day of Go Global Lille will receive detailed practicalities and instructions.
For all questions on the program & practicalities, please contact Catherine Van Eeckhaute from Startups.be | Scale-Ups.eu.
January 26, 2021
January 27, 2021
with the French market
(open & free for all) Pitch
to French VCs
(subject to application)