Our first Go Global mission of 2021 was filled with advice, tips, and tools to take your startup to France!
We hope you enjoyed your virtual stay in Lille.
Check out our upcoming missions and take your company beyond borders!
Go Global Amsterdam
Take a smart step towards Amsterdam, without leaving home
In recent years the city of Amsterdam has developed itself into one of the main hotspots for startups in Europe. The international mindset, excellent infrastructure, and work-life balance makes it an attractive place for companies and talent. With this virtual mission we help you soft land in Amsterdam by opening doors and organising real business opportunities.
With a rich history of innovation, Amsterdam has set the tone in multiple sectors. As one of the early adopters of the smart city concept in Europe, Amsterdam stimulates acceleration of a number of societal transitions like:
- Transition to a Digital City with responsible data-driven innovation;
- Transition to smart, clean Mobility Solutions for people, goods and services;
- Transition from a linear economy to a Circular Economy;
- Transition to renewable, decentralised and variable Energy (AKN - Amsterdam Climate Neutral 2050).
Amsterdam believes that startups active in Smart Mobility, Smart Buildings and Energy can help tackle urban challenges. They are stimulated by the government and grow significantly. The same applies for Circular Economy startups, as the city has embraced the Donut economy model.
Why should you participate?
- Get inspired by the latest Smart City trends and projects in Amsterdam;
- Get to know and start a conversation with the relevant stakeholders and experts;
- Explore business and collaboration opportunities – together with our partners, we’ll organise the presence of potential business partners, willing to meet you;
- Meet with our partner StartupAmsterdam and get involved in their startup ecosystem.
Who can participate?
This mission is meant for Belgian startups and scale-ups who want to explore the potential of Amsterdam as a place to apply their expertise and solutions in the area of smart cities, more particularly:
- Smart Mobility
- Smart Buildings/Prop Tech
- Energy efficiency and transition in an urban context
- Circular Economy
10:00 – 11:20 Learn about the smart city's tendencies and opportunities
- 10:00 Welcome and introduction to Smart City scene and to StartupsAmsterdam
Created in 2015, StartupAmsterdam is an action programme run by the City of Amsterdam that brings together the public and private sectors to support startups, scale-ups, entrepreneurs and other players in the local ecosystem. By taking part in dozens of projects and initiatives promoting innovative and sustainable entrepreneurship, it has helped the Dutch capital become a major player in the global startup scene.
- 10:15 Belgian scale-up ML6 testifies about its soft landing in Amsterdam
- 10:30 Breakout in 4 parallel thematic round tables and meet prominent local experts:
- Smart mobility - led by Eduardo Green, CTO Amsterdam Smart Mobility Innovation Team
- Smart Buildings - led by Elizabeth Nelson, Co-founder - Head of Innovation and Living Labs
- Circular Economy - led by Arjan Hassing, Circular Innovation Strategist, City of Amsterdam
- Energy Transition - led by Bas van den Brenk, Director at Kimaatroute
- 11:15 Concluding remarks (5’)
14:00 - 16:00 One-on-one video calls with relevant stakeholders or potential partners.
This could be your quick access to a successful expansion to the Netherlands / Amsterdam. By signing up for this mission, you can book 12-minute meetings with people who matter to you.
After registering for the event you will receive a link to create your profile on our networking platform. In the days leading up to the event, you will be invited to browse profiles and send/receive invitations for one-on-one video calls. The networking tool automatically assigns the ideal ‘meeting time’ for both parties and provides a built-in video call room. No need to install extra software or tools, all from the comfort of your (home) office.
Cost: entrance fee is 25€ (VAT excl.)
Questions or not sure if it’s the right event for you? Contact Catherine Van Eeckhaute from Startups.be | Scale-Ups.eu.